December 21, 2009

The FUN Events

It's been two months since I last filled this space with any stuff to tell, and a lot of things happened during those months that I felt lazy pressing on the keyboard to compose a story to share. That made me feel irresponsible to the things that make me happy.

ChES Pageant
The idea of joining any pageant didn't even cross my mind in the first place, until I was asked to join the Chemical Eng'g Society Personality held last November 28. It was fun! I enjoyed every part of the event: from the production number, to the portrayal of the different constellations assigned to us, and to the newly-met friends from the different year levels! You'll never get tired if you really love what you're doing, but I must say that standing still on the stage for almost an hour is a pain in the back.

From L-R: Creative Wear: Ophiucus the Serpent-Bearer. Casual Wear. Formal Wear.

Congratulations to all the winners! And to me and my pardsner Danica! :)


Paskuhan '09
I have to agree with my friend Heidy with what she said about this year's Paskuhan: The best one so far. :) This year's Paskuhan is somewhat different from the Paskuhan that I'd attended: one thing's that there's no free food during the event itself. According to some, the food was already distributed two days before the main event of the Paskuhan, and that is Tuesday of that week. So the Thomasians are stuck sitted on the ground while others are rocking their voices out in front of the grandstand. So the place was not in chaos. :D

We (me, Aldrick and Lovely) arrived late at the school and the signal's shut down, the usual thing that happens during Paskuhan. So we had a hard time looking for others because we cannot contact each other, and Lovely and me forgot that we are to meet Tomnick and Venice at the Calderon Park beside the UST Chapel at 9pm. :)) (our bad) They were waiting there for us for almost an hour, while the three of us is just wandering. And just minutes later, we found company to our snake friends and their ampons. Lab them. :)



As for the program, many Thomasian alumni hosted and participated in the event: JC Cuadrado, Miriam Quiambao, Kuya Kim Atienza, Polo Ravales, David Chua to name a few. The bands involved are 6 Cyclemind and Sandwich. They really rocked the night! We were actually enjoying their music that we can't stop jumping while singing along with them. (well, except for the Zaido part. haha!)

When the clock ticks at 8, it marks the start of the Quadricentennial countdown to 2011. It's about 4 hours and 400 days until our school's 400th anniversary! Yey!

Many Thomasians, whether it may be student, faculty or staffs, showcased their talent with their intermission numbers. I was awed by the presence of the Ecclesiastical students not only because I seldom see these students but also it was fun watching them sing to the tune of 'I got a feeling' by the B.E.P. Grabe lang, ang galing!

And before anything else, the traditional 10-minute fireworks display started. The golden cracklings of these firecrackers flashed thru the black sky and enlightened our evening! Then Sandwich struck some music before the night had finally ended.



Such a lovely evening with the people I love being with. All thanks to the Reason for this Season. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment